People of all ages and all walks of life have discovered the powerful benefits of meditation. If they can find compelling reasons to meditate, can’t you?
People Who Meditate
1. Kobe Bryant – the basketball star meditates each morning. He explains here that “it sets me up for the rest of the day.”
2. Dan Harris – After the regular on Good Morning America had a panic attack live on national TV, he began looking into meditation. He wrote a book and developed an app to help others learn meditation.
5. Clint Eastwood – The actor, director, and political figure has been using Transcendental Meditation (TM) for over 40 years. “I think that it is a great tool for anyone to utilize as tool for stress.”
6. Tim Ryan – Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan doesn’t see meditation as some woo-woo fad. “It’s about taking care of yourself,” he said. “It’s about understanding yourself. It’s about making you healthier.”
7. US Marine Corps – The military is increasingly adding meditation to their training programs. “After eight weeks of meditating for just 15 minutes a day, the soldiers are far better at dealing with anxiety, stress, depression and insomnia. It helps them stay calm and focused in the thick of battle, while improving overall mental and physical fitness.”
8. Prisoners – Prisons have seen positive results among inmates. “Present moment awareness can radically alter one’s experience in the moment. And then it can radically reshape the next steps we take.”
9. Schoolchildren – “Kids that are really impulsive can learn to develop that pause between stimulus and reaction. Then you have the skills to realize when you’re angry, when you feel stress arising. And you have the skills to de-escalate yourself.”