In case you hadn’t run out of excuses for not practicing meditation, research has given you several good reasons to go ahead and start to meditate:
1. Less stress and pain. Other research actually suggests that you may notice your stress and pain in greater detail, but it has less impact on you. Either way, stress and pain fade into the background or impact you less.
2. Be healthier and younger. Meditation boosts the immune system and slows aging on the cellular level.
3. Improved mental performance. Even short periods of meditation improve memory and cognitive function. This means being better at solving problems.
4. Have better relationships. Studies show how meditation helps you connect with others and create better understanding.
5. Sleep better. Meditation works better than just practicing good sleep habits. Good sleep loops back to weight loss, increased mental performance, better sex, and a host of other benefits. It’s all related.